Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Good Eats; Hummus-Crusted Chicken



Hummus-crusted chicken... sounds like a plan to me.

I love hummus...and I love chicken.  Let's combine the two, shall we?

I originally fell in love with this recipe on Pinterest and immediately had to pin it to my boards. Although, I may have accidentally used some of these ingredients last night for dinner thinking I had extra...whoops.  So I decided to be less-than-creative and instead of the veggies this calls for (other than the onions), I would use the leftover Fiesta Bean Salad that was still taking up space in our fridge.  I figured the hummus and chickpeas would give the dish a tangy Mediterranean feel, and (fingers crossed) the two dishes would compliment each other, rather than clash.

And after nomming on this, I have officially decided that with a few (small) exceptions, I will only use Pinterest to find recipes ever again.  Wow...so yummy

Ingredients:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt
Pepper
1 medium onion, chopped
1 c Hummus
1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 lemons (1 for juice, one for slicing)
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 oz shredded parmesan cheese
 

Preparation:

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Prepare large baking dish with spray.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper. 
3. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil and chopped onions (Confession: I sprinkled a little seasoning salt on these as well...guilty)
4. Lie seasoned onions in bottom of greased dish.  Place chicken on top of onions and cover wih hummus.
5. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over the hummus-topped-chicken.
6. Sprinkle the pan with smoked paprika.
7. Thinly slice the remaining lemon and lay it between the chicken breasts (I laid one on top as well, for aesthetics purposes only)
8. Bake 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
 
 

Happy Eating,





No comments:

Post a Comment