Saturday, June 21, 2014

Parties: Glittery Soiree

I love parties. 

Actually, that's a false statement.  I love planning parties.  When the day of the event actually takes place, I think I'm most excited about seeing the pieces and planning come together, rather than for the actual event itself. 

One of my more recent parties that I assembled, was a bridal shower/bachelorette weekend for my best friend of almost 19 years, Brooke.  Brooke loves glitter.  She loves pink.  She loves girly, sparkly, princess-y, you get the idea.  So I figured, what better than to throw her a glittery soiree for her special day?  Hearts, glitter, and lots of pink




I made this invitation using fun fonts and glittery cardstock.  Then used a heart-punch and some twine to create the heart banner.  The frame was also a DIY project- just found some old frames and used modge podge with glitter to make it extra sparkly.  Then a second coat of watered down modge podge sealed it so that if you actually touch the frame, it's smooth and not bumpy.
 

Décor:


Pink roses in glittered vases was the theme here.  Again, I found a variety of vases on sale while planning and just sprayed them gold with spray-paint and then glitter paint.  Then saved some baby food jars and sprayed them with glitter, too!



I found these sweet heart doilies after valentines day, as well as the glittered heart cut outs and rocks and just know I needed them for this girly party!

Throughout the house I had pearlescent balloons and quotes about glitter in glitter frames.  "She who leaves a trail of glitter will never be forgotten" along with "Go insane! Go insane! throw some glitter make it rain" are the two that were featured here.
 
Another fun way to tie glitter into your event, is use it in the glass votives on the bottom prior to putting a candle in!

 
Any girls party needs a glittery champagne bottle :)
I also found sweet glitter Martha Stewart labels for wine bottles that said "Cheers" and used these on the wine bottles that we served during the shower
 
I made the glitter tulle pom banner by a tuitorial I found on Etsy.  It was super easy (a little messy).

More glitter quotes.
"A smile is a woman's best accessory, sequins are appropriate no matter what the occasion, and some days just require a glass of Champagne"

Pop.Fizz. Clink.
(sorry for the light reflection)

The punch bowl.  I found those cute glitter heart skewers on sale around valentines day and couldn't resist having them as drink stirrers.

Glitter tulle banner

 
This is a horrible picture, but the only picture I could find showing the no-sew pillowcases I made.  I wanted to bring some glitter to the seating area, too, so I wrapped the current pillows with sparkly and sequined fabric (about 1 yard will cover one pillow). 

Food:

Probably my favorite part of parties. 
By probably, I mean definitely.
For this event, I wanted it to be a finger-foods sort of ordeal.  Lots of mini sandwiches, appetizers, desserts, you get the picture. 
 
I covered the table with lace doily hearts and glitter hearts in lieu of a traditional table runner.  I added scatter pink heart rocks and glitter hearts to jazz it up just a little bit.  I tried to keep 90% of the serve-wear white just to balance out all the pinks.
 
Every princess needs a previous picture of her and her dad :)

Caprese skewers, cowboy caviar, veggie tray, and pinwheels

mini pimento cheese sandwiches, mini chicken salad sandwiches, and chicken fingers with honey mustard

The whole spread, well almost- there were ham and cheese biscuits in the oven

Desserts: yum.  I made those cupcake toppers by using my heart punch (that I used for the invitations) and punching glitter cardstock and using a dab of hot glue to adhere it to a toothpick.
 
I bought the pink M&Ms and placed them out as well, just to be festive.

 
Pink cocktails and ribbon cakestands.
 
 
All in all, I think everyone enjoyed themselves for this girly event!
Everyone decked in glitter :)

Here's to hoping for a friendship that lasts another 19 years :)
 

xoxo,

Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment